TOURISTS FROM ALL AROUND THE GLOBE – LOVE SAXONY!
Around the globe, Saxony justifiably has the reputation as Germany’s No. 1 cultural destination. The more than 1,000 palaces, castles, stately homes, and gardens, 400 museums, 800 exhibitions, 14 theaters, and 3 opera houses offer an absolutely stunning, top of the line, unforgettable experience.
International tourists appreciate that. On a regular basis, Saxony is able to score points in corresponding rankings.
- The hosts in Saxony receive top marks from their guests. The TrustYou monitoring system shows a value of 87 points on a satisfaction scale of 0 to 100 points for Saxony in 2022. This puts the travel destination of Saxony above the national average of 86.8 points. (Source: dwif 2023)
- According to the booking portal Booking.com, Dresden is one of the most hospitable cities in the world (4th place). Saxony can also be happy: Among all German federal states, Saxony was rated as the second most hospitable region in Germany after Rhineland-Palatinate.
- Dresden ranks 3rd among the most popular destinations for city trips in Germany (“Top 100 Sights in Germany”, German National Tourist Board GNTB)
- Dresden's Old Town quarter with the Frauenkirche Church, the Semperoper Opera House and the Zwinger Palace was voted the 9th most popular German tourist attraction by almost 32,000 travelers from over 60 countries ("TOP 100 Sights in Germany", German National Tourist Board GNTB).
- Three of Germany's Top 20 museums are situated in Saxony (Source: tripadvisor) - the Dresden "Zwinger" (9th place) with the various collections and exhibitions of the Dresden State Art Collections, the "Green Vault" treasure chamber museum Dresden (15th place) and the picture gallery "Old Masters" Dresden (20th place) individually (the last both can be found in the "Zwinger").
- The Saxon Switzerland National Park was voted number 3 of the most popular national parks in Germany ("TOP 100 sights in Germany", DZT - German National Tourist Board).
- The Bülow-Palais in Dresden (15th place) is one of the top 25 hotels in Germany. The Dresden restaurant "Stresa" is one of the 10 best restaurants in Germany (9th place). (Source: "Traveller's Choice Awards 2022", tripadvisor)
So you see – you shouldn’t miss Saxony! Either for a short visit or as your home base.
More about culture & leisure in Saxony