Railway Technology in Saxony at a Glance
For more than 175 years now, Saxony has been standing for innovations in the rail industry. Since then, Saxony has evolved into a leading venue for rail technology and is among the top 3 centers of the branch in Germany today.
About 13,000 employees in more than 240 companies generate a turnover of approximately one billion euros every year. With Bombardier, RailMaint, Goldschmidt Thermit, Voith, or the NSH Group, globally active manufacturers, suppliers, equipment providers, engineering and service providers of rail technology are located in Saxony.
Fields of competence:
- Production of complete rail vehicles and components
- Drive and propulsion technology
- Lightweight structures
- Information systems, control and safety technology
- Traffic route and track construction
- Maintenance / repair services
Go to the interactice Map "Railway Technology in Saxony"